These instructions explain how to set up a connection to the secure VDI platform so employees can work from home.
These instructions apply to Windows computers only.
Installing the Horizon Client
1. Open a web browser on your Desktop (such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Internet Explorer)
2. In the address bar, type http://vdi.yourdomain.com/ and press Enter. You should see:
3. Click on Install VMware Horizon Client:
4. You should reach this page:
5. Click on the drop-down arrow next to VMware Horizon Client for Windows and then click Go to Downloads
6. Click Download and note the location where it is saved
7. Allow the download to complete
8. Once it is finished, open the file location where it was saved (likely in the Downloads folder) and double-click on the file to begin the installation.
9. Click Yes on the pop-up requesting permission to make changes to your device:
10. Click Agree & Install:
11. Wait for the application to finish installing and then click Finish:
12. Click on Restart Now and allow your computer to reboot:
Connecting to the Cloud
1. After the reboot, click on the VMware Horizon Client icon located on your Desktop:
2. Add the server information by clicking on Add Server:
3. Type https://vdi.yourdomain.com/ in the field for the Connection Server name:
4. Enter your work username and password and click on Login